In a podcast from Keep Our Food Safe, Dr. Michele Jay-Russell from the University of California, Davis, a food safety and security expert, discusses raw milk and cheese safety. Especially the part about hard cheese that’s made from raw milk and perhaps sold in your grocery store.
Webinar: An objective view on the food safety issues linked to raw milk by Dr. Keith Warriner, Associate Professor in the Department of Food Science at the University of Guelph, Canada. Presented September, 2011.
Poster presentation at the 2011 Annual Meeting of the International Association for Food Protection, August 3, 2011
A Randomized Controlled Trial, Stanford University, October 2010
The Raw Milk Conundrum: The Interplay of Science, Policy and Free Choice (agenda)
PowerPoint slides from the 146TH American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) Annual Convention held on July 12, 2009, in Seattle, Washington.
- Advances in microbiological and molecular assays for assessing raw milk (pdf) - Robert Mandrell, PhD
- Making Raw Milk Safer - or - When Cooperative Extension Tuns into a Blood Sport (pdf) - Michael Payne DVM, PhD
- The Raw Milk Conundrum: Microbiology and Ecology of Raw Milk (pdf) - Michele Jay-russell, DVM, MPVM, DACVPM
- The Raw Milk Debate - a new threat to a century of public health achievement (pdf) - John P. Sanders DVM, DACVPM
- Farm Fresh Milk: Assuring Safety and Consumer Choice - Michael Allen Payne, DVM, PhD
- Raw Milk Conundrum: Safety vs Rights (pdf) - David E. Gumpert
- Raw Milk Legal Issues and Public Health Protection - Claudia G. Coles
- Public Health Risks of Consuming Raw Milk Products - Surveillance and Prevention Efforts in the United States (pdf) - Casey Barton Behravesh, DVM, DrPH, DACVPM
- Outbreaks Due to Unpasteurized Dairy Products in the United States - Casey Barton Behravesh, DVM, DrPH, DACVPM
- Raw Milk Consumption: Legal Implications of Raw Milk and Case Studies - William Marler, JD
- Raw Milk: Personal Choice from a Public Health Perspective - Bill Keene
- Free choice in a complex information environment - Amanda Rose, PhD
Program and slides from the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Timely Topics Symposium held on February 17, 2009, in Arlington, Virginia.
Slides from a University of Minnesota seminar held on May 13, 2009 .
PowerPoint presentation to the 2005 National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS) by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.