Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - sold directly from farms producing up to 500 gallons per month, with labeling and state inspection - A.C.A. § 20-59-248(b)
- A.C.A. § 20-59-205(a)(2),(15)(A) (prohibiting sale of milk not meeting stds; requiring adoption of standards in 21 CFR 131); Ark. Admin. Code 007.10.31-2 (requiring that milk sold from retail food stores comply with Grade "A" standards)
- Limited to sale of up to 100 gallons of raw goat milk per month sold on the farm
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 1536
Would allow on-farm sales of raw cow's milk (raw goat milk sales are already permitted) up to 500 gallons per month, with labeling and state inspection
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.