Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- CA Food & Ag § 35891 - Minimum requirements for raw market milk
- Raw milk must have warning either on display or, if sold from place of production, may be attached to bottle. 17 CCR § 11380. Raw milk for consumption to have not greater than 10 coliform bacteria/mL and not greater than 15,000 bacteria/mL. CA Food & Ag Code § 35781 (a)(1)
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013–2014 REGULAR SESSION Legislative Session
Bill: CA A 2505
Permits a home dairy farm to share, exchange or engage in the direct sale of raw milk that is in excess of the consumption needs of the home dairy farm, if the raw milk is obtained from healthy, lactating animals kept and fed on the premises of home dairy farm and meets specified health and safety requirements.
- Failed passage in Assembly Committee on Agriculture 4/9/2014
2010 (Humboldt County) Legislative Session
Bill: O 512.4
California (Humbolt County) Citizen request to rescind County Ordinance banning raw milk sales
- Request denied by Board of Supervisors (5-0)
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.