Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - on farm sales of raw milk allowed with limitations on promotion of such sale.
- K.S.A. 65-771.
- Raw milk bacterial count < 100K/mL. Kan. Admin. Regs. 4-7-6. Farm sales of raw milk may not be promoted beyond sign on premises, which must identify milk as raw.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013-2014 Legislative Session
Bill: SB 146
Relates to agriculture; relates to changing the definition of "on-farm retail sales of milk or milk products". Deletes provisions that would prohibit sellers of on-farm retail sales of raw milk products from promoting the sale of raw milk except by posting a sign on the premises.
- Pending: Senate Agriculture Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.