Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - unpasteurized goat milk may be sold with doctor's recommendation.
- Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance standards adopted. 902 KAR 50:110. Goat milk allowance KRS 217C.090. Raw goat milk must be sold only at a permitted farm. 902 KAR 50:120.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2012 Regular Session, ended 29-Mar-12 Legislative Session
Bill: SB 47
Legalize "herdshares" without a state permit; create a new section of KRS Chapter 217C to allow for the sale of raw milk at a farm site.
- Passed Senate (22-15); Referred to House Agriculture and Small Business Committee
2012 Regular Session Legislative Session
Bill: BR 294
Would amend KRS 217C.030 to define “permitted producer” and “raw milk”; create a new section of KRS Chapter 217C to allow for the sale of raw milk at a farm site.
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.