Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - but not at eating establishments.
- 7 M.R.S.A. § 2902-B. (requirements for sale of unpasteurized milk and milk products).
- Must be labeled "Not pasteurized." Bacterial limits < 50K/mL. Coliform < 10/mL. Code Me. R. 01-001 Ch. 329, § V.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
125th Maine State Legislature Legislative Session
Bill: LD 366
Clarifies that a license is not required of any person who produces and sells milk only on the premises of the producer and seller
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee: Majority vote Ought Not to Pass (80-70); In Senate
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.