Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- No, but cowshare agreements are apparently permitted per informal AG opinion.
- MCLA 288.538
- Only pasteurized milk and milk products shall be offered for sale or sold, directly or indirectly, to the final consumer or to restaurants, grocery stores, or similar establishments.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013-2014 Legislative Session
Bill: H 5336
Prohibits federal regulation of food, food producers and food production in intrastate commerce.
- Referred to House committee on Agriculture
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.