Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - sales on farm allowed
- Neb.Rev.St. § 2-3965 (adopting Pasteurized Milk Ordinance standards for Grade A Pasteurized Milk); Neb.Rev.St. § 2-3967 (code regulates all production, grading, labeling, and sale of all milk and milk products); Neb.Rev.St. § 2-3969 (only milk and milk products from sources with permit and following stds may be sold to final consumer, but milk and cream produced exclusively for sale direct to consumers at farm not subject to code)
- Milk sold directly from the farm does not appear to be subject to any form of standard.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.