Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- N.H. Rev. Stat. § 184:30-a (requiring milk sold to be pasteurized, but then excepting a wide swath of possible sales); N.H. Code Admin. R. Mil 301.03 (setting out standards for raw milk sales)
- The following requirements do not apply to a producer that sells fewer than 20 quarts/day. Must be clearly labeled as raw and carry specific warning, unless sold at the farm, in which case a sign with warning is sufficient; bacteria count <20K/mL, coliform <10/mL.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2012, ends 7-Jun-12 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 1402
Would allow the direct sale of raw milk products without requiring a milk producer-distributor license
- Passed the Environmental and Agriculture Committee (13-0); Passed Health and Human Services Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.