Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - sales on farm allowed
- NY AGRI & MKTS § 71-n (requiring permit for production of milk); 1NYCRR Part 2.3 (requiring permit for sale of raw milk and setting conditions of sale); 1NYCRR Part 2.8 (setting forth quality standards)
- Milk must be sold directly to consumer from a farm licensed by the NY AGRI & MKTS where produced, sign must be posted warning that milk does not have protection of pasteurization; Bacteria count < 30K/mL; quarterly pathogen testing conducted
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
Bill: SB 777 and HB 5229
Authorizes the production for retail sale and the retail sale of raw, untreated milk for human consumption.
- In Senate Agriculture Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.