Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - for animal feed if clearly marked as such.
- N.C.G.S.A. § 130A-279.
- Any raw milk sold as animal feed must be clearly labeled with the text "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. IT IS NOT LEGAL TO SELL RAW MILK FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION IN NORTH CAROLINA."
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013-2014 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 792
Would allow human consumption of raw milk.
- Referred to Committee on Agriculture
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.