Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - sales on farm allowed
- OK. Stat. T. 2 § 7-406 (Only Grade A pasteurized Milk and Grade A Raw Milk may be sold to final consumer, but only Grade A pasteurized milk may be sold through restaurants, grocery stores, etc.), OK Stat. T.2 § 7-414 (laws do not apply to incidental sales of raw milk direct to consumer from farm (including up to 100 gallons of raw goat milk/month); OK ADC 35:37-13-1 through 6
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2014 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 2595
Relates to agriculture; relates to the Oklahoma Milk and Milk Products Act; provides the act will hot prohibit advertising of certain sales of raw milk; states that a provider of raw milk sold in outside road stands shall be unpasteurized raw milk and that raw milk could be hazardous to unborn children.
- From House Committee on Public Health: Do pass as substituted.
2013-2014 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 1541
Relates to agriculture; relates to the Oklahoma Milk and Milk Products Act; allows for certain incidental sales of raw milk by delivery; provides an effective date.
- Pending: House Agriculture and Wildlife Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.