Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - purchase at farm and delivery direct from farm to consumer excepted from regulations.
- SD ST § 39-6-2 (misdemeanor to sell milk other than Grade A); SD ST § 39-6-3 (exempting sales direct from farm with permit to consumer or delivered direct to consumer from Grade A requirement); SD ADC 12:05:07:10 (pasteurization required for Grade A products);
- Farms making sales direct to consumer or making delivery must still have permit for production of milk. Milk must be clearly labeled as "raw."
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.