Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - purchase at farm and delivery direct from farm to consumer excepted from regulations.
- SD ST § 39-6-2 (misdemeanor to sell milk other than Grade A); SD ST § 39-6-3 (exempting sales direct from farm with permit to consumer or delivered direct to consumer from Grade A requirement); SD ADC 12:05:07:10 (pasteurization required for Grade A products);
- Farms making sales direct to consumer or making delivery must still have permit for production of milk. Milk must be clearly labeled as "raw."
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2014 Legislative Session
Bill: S 126
Regulates the sale of raw milk for human consumption.
- In Senate Committee on Health and Human Services. Tabled.
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.