Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes (cowshares are legal)
- Tenn. Code Annotated, Title 53, Chapter 3, relative to milk products (cow shares); Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 0080-03-02-.11 (only Grade A pasteurized milk and milk products may be sold to final consumer or retail/food service establishments for resale to consumer). T. C. A. § 53-3-119 (no restriction on personal use of milk of independently or partially owned animal).
- Pet food sales are legal with a commercial feed license from the state.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2011 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 75 / SB 237
Clarifies current cowshare statute to include dairy products made from raw milk
- Failed in S. C,L&A Comm. due to lack of motion
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.