In Utah, retail sellers of raw milk must be owned by the milk producer.
Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Yes - sales on farm allowed. Requires the store to be owned by the producer (can be located off of the farm). Cow shares prohibited.
- UT ST § 4-3-14 (governing sale of raw milk); UT ADC R70-330 (testing and facilities stds for raw milk for retail); UT ST § 4-3-10(16) (cow shares illegal)
- Monthly testing for bacteria and pathogens required. Zero pathogens; bacteria < 20K/mL; coliform < 10/mL. Animals must be tested before production and every six months thereafter. Bottles must be labeled raw and carry warning label.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013 Legislative Session
Bill: SB 244
Expands raw milk sales from on-farm and cow shares only to include retail sales
- Bill Substituted by Standing Committee
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.