Raw Milk Laws & Regulations
- Retail Sale of Raw Milk Allowed?
- Other Sale of Raw Milk Allowed
- Cow/goat shares are allowed, but not sale of raw dairy products on the farm or in stores.
- WY ADC AGR FSF Ch. 3 s 8 (the word "solely" was removed in 2012, which removed restrictions on animal shares)
- (g) Unpasteurized milk and products made from unpasteurized milk (except cheese qualifying under subsection (d) may not be sold, delivered, served, or provided for human consumption. (i) This subsection does not apply to individuals who obtain milk from animals owned by them, members of their family, or their employer and who furnish raw milk or products made from raw milk only to members of their family or non-paying guests.
Raw Milk Bills & Related Legislation
2013 Legislative Session
Bill: SF 112
Allows raw milk by farms of no more than three cows with a state permit; milk must meet all safety regulations others than those for pasteurization; sales barred to restaurants; milk must include a state-approved label if sold away from the farm
- Died in Committee
2011 Legislative Session
Bill: HB 1007
Would allow cowshares and goatshares
- Defeated in Committee (6-3)
Search the Foodborne Illness Database
Several families offered to share their stories on video to help raise awareness about the potential risks and negative effects on health from drinking contaminated raw milk.